Friday, September 27, 2013

If You Could Hie To Kolob

I love my mom so much! She wrote this song for me so we could perform it together. If You Could Hie To Kolob is my favorite hymn, and this is her arrangement. I usually can't get through it without tearing up. She was truly inspired from a higher source when she wrote this. It's one of those songs that you have to hear live though.  A recording doesn't do it justice! So, I usually listen to it with my headphones blasting. I love you mom! Thank you so much for sharing your talent!


If you could hie to Kolob
In the twinkling of an eye,
And then continue onward
With that same speed to fly,
Do you think that you could ever,
Through all eternity,
Find out the generation
Where Gods began to be?

Or see the grand beginning,
Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation,
Where Gods and matter end?
Methinks the Spirit whispers,
"No man has found 'pure space,'
Nor seen the outside curtains,
Where nothing has a place." ...




To download the SHEET MUSIC for the PIANO click here.
To download the SHEET MUSIC for the CELLO click here.

To visit my mom's music blog click here.

I love my mom's wording when she explains writing this song.  "The piece beings with contemplation--mysterious almost, but soon gains in strength and urgency, as one reaching desperately to comprehend greater things.  It's the music of a soul yearning for higher understanding."

How grateful I am that our Heavenly Father allows our curious minds to reach a greater understanding when we search it out.  He welcomes our questions and rewards us with inspiration when we do our part of pondering, praying, and studying.  I'm grateful for the mysteries of the gospel that allows us to seek Him out on our own and receive personal revelation allowing our testimonies to grow.  The lyrics to this song inspire me to do just that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...